Categories: Art AttackAh, home sweet home, where we get to decorate to our heart’s delight! Add these beautiful DIY dècor pieces to your home to live inspired every day. We’ve chosen a sleek color scheme of Grey Flannel, Black, and White Daisy, with a pop of Pear, and we used the graphic flowers from the My Acrylix® Dreamin’ Workshop set to add subtle texture to the White Daisy paper in the desk calendar and art canvas. Here are a few hints for you as you create these chic projects.
- Create the triangular base of this calendar by folding a 12" × 12" piece of chipboard at the 3" and 7 1/2" marks.
- Insert three pins from the Bling assortment (Z1466) and clip the sharp ends if they protrude too much. (Tip: You can use hot glue on the back to anchor the pins.)
- Cut twelve 3 1/2" scalloped squares from Pear cardstock using the shape on the Cricut® Art Philosophy cartridge (Z1686) and sponge the edges with Pear ink.
- Cut twelve 3 1/2" squares from Grey Flannel cardstock and sponge edges with Grey Flannel ink.
- Use the 3" chipboard squares from the My Creations® memory game (Z1614) for the date tiles. Stamp the background flower pattern in second generation using Grey Flannel ink and then stamp the month or numbers with black StazOn® ink. Sponge the edges with Grey Flannel ink. (Tip: Stamp two of numbers 1 and 2. Stamp one each of numbers 3 – 9 and 0.)
- Back each month and date tile with the 24 pieces of cardstock and then punch a hole in the top for easy hanging.
1. Black StazOn ink
2 chipboard squares from the My Creations® memory game (Z1614)
3. Bling assortment (Z1466)
4. Grey Flannel ink
5. My Acrylix® Dreamin’ Workshop
6. 31/2" Scallop Square punch (or use your Art Philosophy cartridge and a 3" square punch or use your Art Philosophy cartridge.
7. 12x12 piece of chipboard